Sunday, June 17, 2007

Penelope is Becoming





Let me present the beautiful and elegant "Penelope Blouse" by Oat Couture ! She is in the process of Becoming. I am so excited as I knit away. This blouse started off with many blunders and false starts. But, I have persevered and now I can see it is going to actually BE a blouse.
I have knitted up to just beyond the arm openings. Now I will work on the front, and when that is finished then I will do the back. Once the front and back have been knitted. then she gets stitched together at the shoulders and the arm opening lace will be knitted and applied. Then, I will be actually wearing her. Since I am leaving in two more days, I know I can't get her finished up before I leave. I will take her along and finish her up in Austria or Germany. I am thinking that her first debut will maybe be on the trip to Munich for the day, or maybe even standing atop the Untersberg (mountain) in Austria. I expect her to look great and to pose well for a photo shoot!

I won't be posting to my blogs until I return in July. I will have lots to share then. I will be yarn shopping and I am selecting some patterns to take with me so I have a PLAN when I go to the local yarn shops in Austria and Germany.

I have to go pack now.

No comments: