Sunday, June 10, 2007

Penelope Full Speed Ahead


I am happily knitting away on Penelope by Oat Couture. After about 6 false starts and lots of time spent int he Frog Pond, I am finally "doing it." I am very excited with this blouse. I never really did much at all with lace knitting, so I have learned some things by being tenacious and refusing to give up on it.


The first thing I have learned is to put a stitch marker at the end of every pattern, regardless of how many I have going around that blouse. This is how I finally managed to get the pattern. Before, I did not have anything to remind me of where I was in the pattern then I would soon be lost and beyond the point of going on. Now, as you can see, I am successful by doing just this one thing.

The other thing is that I had made a mistake in reading the pattern, time and again. I finally saw my little mistake that I kept repeating consistently. Now, I am making good progress and I am thrilled.

No comments: