Friday, March 16, 2007

Lana Grossa hp No. 31


My SCREAMING STASH has called to me yet again. OMG, this is becoming a pattern. While I do have other UFOs that I must work on, I keep getting enchanted by my STASH. That is ok, because I am on a STASH DIET for one year. I started on this diet on January15, and now have completed TWO months. It feels so good to go to my stash and work from it instead of going yarn shopping all the time. I love it.

What I am beginning now is the Penelope Top by Oat Couture. Take a look at this site. There are WONDERFUL things here.

I brought 8 balls of Lana Grossa mercerize cotton yarn home from Germany last summer. The yarn is hp No. 31 Print. It feels so wonderful to the touch. It is a nice variety of spring greens that I bought. The yarn comes in a ball of 126 yards, 50 grams. It sells for approximately $5.95 on the internet, as I just checked on it. It is cotton with a woven texture.

Right now, I have just started the lace edge that encircles the bottom of this summer sweater. I have made a lot of errors, and begun it several times. I seem to be brain dead at times. I have learned to put in a life line so I can tear back to that and begin again without having to rip out the entire thing every time. I have not had much experience with lace knitting so this is a challenge for me.

No comments: