Friday, February 23, 2007



Here is a little collection of new items that I can now check off of my "to do" list for Stashalong. I did them in between "bigger" projects that I am working on. I have been working on this group of little things that will be gifted to family members next Christmas. Doing the Stashalong is helping me with my gifts for next Christmas - wow, a bonus I had not anticipated.
Here is what I was able to make from only 2 cones of Lion Brand Cotton Yarn. I got 3 dish towels and 4 dish cloths from each of the cones! Unbelievable. I have finished up two cones, and now I have begun making more from the other two cones I have - pictured here. At the same time, I have 6 balls of Sugar and Cream Cotton yarn in a Moonlight color. I am making them up into dish cloths for Christmas gifts for a family member who likes "dark" dish cloths. They are very beautiful.


The pattern I used is found here: http://www.knitlist.com/99gift/towel-and-cloth.htm


This pattern is by Donna Stratioti and I just love the way these towels look and feel.
The pattern is "sand" stitch. It gives them an elegance and they FEEL so good to the touch. It is a four row pattern, so even I can remember that.

No comments: