Tuesday, February 6, 2007

DIGGING for STASH - Better than GOLD

Digging into the Stash - it's the BEST feeling imaginable. WOW. I love doing this!

Well, I took a little side trail a couple days ago. I had been working on my poncho out of Cherry Tree Hill's Baby Loop. It is slow going. I have it 1/2 done, and now I am working on the second 1/2 of it. But, I was leafing through some knitting books I had bought recently and found a really cute bolero. I remembered my stash. I have some really nice Moda Dea "Pebbles" yarn that I bought a year ago. I am now working on that bolero as a break from the Baby Loop piece. Sigh!

I think I have been pretty good at not buying yarn. I do admit that on my one free day, I bought only 6 balls of Sugar and Cream cotton and that will be made into dish cloths and towels for my daughter for next Christmas. I have really, really RESISTED the urge to BUY yarn. And, I don't plan on having a free day to buy yarn in February at all. I am staying TRUE to working from STASH...I really AM!!!

I am hereby extending my 2 month Stashbusting Yarn Diet to the entire year. Yes, I am feeling so good about doing this. It is a FREEING experience. I do not HAVE to buy any more yarn in 2007. I can and will work from my STASH...I pledge to do it.

I will write more later with some photos of finished projects.

No comments: