Thursday, May 31, 2007

Lavender from Taiwan


Can you tell how excited I am this afternoon? I came home from work to discover a package here that had arrived while I was away. OH, how can I ever express the joy I feel with this most beautiful present I received all the way from Taiwan? The color of this scarf takes me back to my childhood when lavender was my favorite color in the box of Crayola Crayons. I am a child again, touching and looking at this beautiful scarf. My Secret Pal is yet unknown to me. She did not put anything else in the package, so I don't yet know whom to thank. But, Pal, if you read this, please know how happy you have made me today. I absolutely love this scarf. The knit work is so fine, the yarn so soft and dainty. I appreciate this more than I can say.

In two weeks I will be leaving for Europe for my annual vacation there. This scarf will be the only scarf I take with me this year. I had been wondering just which scarf to take, and now I know. It is this one! The light weight of it and the soft color will just be perfect. I will feel like the Empress herself, walking about Austria and Germany wearing my divine new scarf from Taiwan.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. My pal from the International Scarf Exchange #4 - you are the best.

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Beautiful! It is very becoming. Have a wonderful trip.

Shelly