Monday, May 7, 2007

Secret Pal 10 - How I knit, and When?

OK, I am IN the contest. How do I knit? and When?

During the winter months I sit on my sofa in the living room, where I can watch TV as I knit. It keeps my mind occupied and keeps my attention while I while away the hours at my knitting. I like to knit all day long, but that is not usually an option. I find that the best time for me to be knitting is in the late afternoon and evening, and into the night, during the winter months. I work full time as a professor, so during the week it is in the evenings that I can find time to knit.

Summertime, well that is another deal. I like to sit outside on my patio on a chair. From there I can see squirrels, birds, chipmunks, and any other little critters who come to visit my yard. There are LOTS of little critters because my husband feeds them. I sit there under a nice old tree, where I can see everything that is going on with the little creatures. It is absolutely heaven on earth for me to spend my mornings there surrounded by wildlife and flowers, grass, and trees.

Sometimes, when the afternoon is hot, I move to sit under the enormous Maple tree just beside the pool. I can knit there and if the grandchildren are here swimming, then I can talk to them while I knit.

I also knit on planes. I go to Europe every summer and spend most of the entire 9 hour flight knitting, in between little naps.

No comments: