Sunday, July 8, 2007

78 SKEINS OF YARN





I have returned from my trip to Austria and Germany the past three weeks. It was wonderful, of course. And, I am happy to report that I purchased 78 New Skeins of Yarn. They all fit very nicely into the two duffle bags that I had taken with me just for that purpose. I packed a couple of pattern books in my suitcase so that when I found some yarn shops I would be prepared and know exactly what I wanted the yarn for, and how much I needed to buy. No more buying yarn blindly with no goals in mind.

I have been doing the Stashalong since January 15. My one exception would be that I would do some yarn shopping when I was on my trip and I had planned it carefully.

Here is what I bought:

5 skeins Gedifra Socks Color (for a sweater and scarf for my grand daughter for Christmas)

7 Skeins Fortissima Socka, just to have for socks later on
1 Max Cotton, for Socks
1 On Line Supersocke 100 Indian Color
1 Regia Canadian Color

12 Skeins of Gedifra Akona in Charcoal and 2 in Cream, for a Trachten sweater pictured above. Isn't it wonderful???

10 Skeins Trachtenwolle for another Trachten Jacket in Loden Greens

4 Skeins Gedifra Fashion Trend Onda, for a scarf


5 skeins Austermann Indian Color, Alpaca Wolle, for an Irish Hiking Scarf


4 Skeins Schachenmayer nomotta Two in One - don't quite know for what, yet

4 skeins Schoeller & Stahl Popcorn - to give to a friend

4 Sachachenmayr nmotto Princess for grand daughter as a gift

4 skeins of another yarn which I cannot recall, for another granddaughter as a gift

and 14 Skeins of Scachenmayer nomotta for a sweater for ME...

There you have it - my yarn binge for 2007. There will be NO OTHER yarn shopping days for me in 2007.
I have more than enough to keep my hands busy for a good long while.


Here is one of the things I plan to knit with my new yarn:

No comments: